Pages

Counter Culture Arrives!



Fed Ex is usually an expedient well oiled machine infallible of even the slightest of errors. However, I can only assume that they had lost my Counter Culture coffee shipment ordered as a gift to me from Scout no less than three years earlier. Alas it finally made its way from Durham to Ma-hattan and quite happy to meet its acquaintance. I am able to announce it was worth the wait, as this easy-going small cooperative of farmers know a thing or two about patience and virtue as well. I ran this in the french press this morning and it was terrific with hardly any acid. I tend to think by the 5th of June this will be long gone, and it will have missed its chance to partake in any iced coffee realizations.

So far this company has kept its confines to the South,  not letting NYC ruin its brand like Stumptown, and Intelligensia




Below is a video during our trip to Costa Rica of Doka Estates, a small coffee plantation that we visited.   It was very helpful to see the process of making coffee firsthand, as with most things leaving a better way to visualize a complex and lengthy process.  

No comments:

Post a Comment