Pages

BTG./ATG.

 Before Tea Gallery  and After Tea Gallery

This may be how I need to talk about my experience with tea from now on. Strange enough that the planet's most famous beverage, the one most commonly consumed throughout the world would be so misguided. To say that I have been brewing tea  incorrectly all these years, is not only slightly embarrassing, but also vexingly peculiar. I hate to use the word 'wrong' about the methods I've been implementing all this time, because so often people deem that no way is 'wrong' when it comes to personal preference in taste. But undoubtedly, a large percentage of my teas have been mishandled victims in my hands. Leaving leaves submerged for the renowned duration of 3 minutes has stripped them of their glorious characters, and even worse, prohibited me from enjoy multiple cups of them at one sitting. Wrong is a word that convincingly is adequate when it comes to careless abandon that I exhibited before.



I knew a place like the Tea Gallery existed, but it really has taken years to find it. Manhattan would seem to hold a place for every type of person, with interests in any given field. But this has been a tough pursuit thus far, finding about about great tea, and how to prepare it.  Luckily the TG services both of these needs. 

A small loft space houses a collaboration of 2 companies, The Tea Gallery and Mandarins Tea Room. Tasting 'events' are offered, allowing you to focus in depth on how a tea can change so dramatically during its infusions.






No comments:

Post a Comment